Friday 10 June 2011

Birthday Sweetness

Posted by clapalisoc | Friday 10 June 2011 | Category: , , , , |

I'm just a simple person who gets really delighted with food. If it's my birthday, I would prefer to receive cakes and other foodie items rather than material things. I find joy in satisfying my taste buds. During my birthday last month, I asked for only one thing - Mango Bravo from Contis. Knowing that my hubby can't say no to this, since he is also a fan of Contis, I insisted on having no other cakes than this. So, while waiting for hubby to come home from work, I was really anxious to see if he got me my birthday cake. As soon as I heard his car keys and foot steps right outside our bedroom door, my heart leaped out with excitement. I got what I wanted and more!!!

Mango Bravo - Contis
Light, refreshing and simply heavenly, this is how I would describe this cake. The icing is so light which means that air was perfectly incorporated while the ingredients were being mixed together. The cake has the right sweetness - not too sweet as what you will get from your ordinary chocolate or chiffon cakes. The fresh mango cubes gave the cake the refreshing finish making one ask for more. And oh not to forget about the chocolate drizzling from the top of the cake which not only gave more character to the cake but also added to the overall thumbs up taste.


Peach Walnut Torte - Contis
With generous heaping of peaches and walnuts, you can never go wrong with this cake. The icing is just like Mango Bravo's and the taste is equally good. This is a must try for peach lovers.


Mango Peach Cream Pie - Starbucks
Talk about combining mango and peach - this pie is definitely the answer. Made from crushed Graham crackers crust, this one is a little sweeter than the other two from Contis. But the combination of mangoes and peaches topped with whipped cream and drizzled with caramel syrup is not bad at all. I this this one is a perfect match for a cup of brewed coffee while relaxing in Starbucks.


Obviously, I got more than what I wanted :) I am more than satisfied!

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply