Tuesday 13 December 2011

9 Mornings: A Childhood Favorite

Posted by clapalisoc | Tuesday 13 December 2011 | Category: , |


Poppycock
Do you get that giddy, excited feeling when you see something that you enjoyed as a child but suddenly went out of the scene? That something that reminds you so much of some unforgettable fun times of your life as a child? I'm sure snapshots of your cherished memories are playing right now. Recently, hubby and I decided to do our regular-weekend-trip-to-the-mart at Rustan's, Makati. While scanning through, his eyes hovers aisle by aisle for some extra treats (that's the kid in him), after finishing up our list, we got to this lane with some rare finds and goodies ("Ooooh! Treasure!", hubby says). My heart was so delighted to see a familiar treat that I wasn't able to control myself in making that excited scream, which made my husband think something was wrong -- Poppycock. I got myself two cans of my long time friends :D


Before there was Chef Tony's, there was Poppycock
I remember Poppycock as a sweet popcorn treat in a can with nuts and tons of caramel. Whenever I think of Poppy (cool nickname, huh?), I vividly remember this one lazy afternoon, I was still in grade school then and we (myself, my grandparents and my uncle) were in my grandparents' room watching TV. My aunt came in bringing a can of Poppycock. Being the sweet tooth that my grandpa was, he instantly opened it and we shared the goodness until the can was empty. For several years now, I've been asking hubby where we can find Poppycock but we were not lucky enough to spot one until that fine day in Rustan's Makati. 


Childhood memories are something to treasure. And it always feels so wonderful when you see, hear, eat or meet something or someone from your childhood. It's true when they say that memories are forever...

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply