Thursday 29 December 2011

9 Mornings : Having a Bag of a Time!

Posted by clapalisoc | Thursday 29 December 2011 | Category: , , , , , , |

In a fast-paced world where everyday living is more than just about the basics, the [modern] woman will tend to power dress bearing in mind "If you look good, you'll feel even better." Aside from the usual combo of a top and a trouser or skirt or the typical dress, accessories are also a must -- necklaces, bracelets, ribbons, pins, belts and bags. I'm almost sure that every single girl in the earth has a passion for bags -- whether they are vocal about it or shy and kept in thought.


Personally, I have always had this desire for bags. I'm not the brand conscious gal and I would usually buy something practical (but looks and feels good on me). This year, there were a couple of bags that I've been eyeing but never got the chance to buy one for all sorts of reasons. Much until this season of gift-giving came, hubby was [too] generous to let me buy what my heart was drawn to.



The classic nautical print.


Can be used as a handbag
or... as a shoulder bag
I remember this one time that a colleague of mine used a bag with a nautical print design -- red and white. I fell inlove with how it looked and wished I can also find one for me to keep. During a Christmas shopping day at Gateway, we stopped by Bench to get some shirts to give away. I spotted a bag (of blue's and white's) that was a little unusual. Upon a closer inspection, I realized that it can actually be used as a shoulder bag or as a hand bag -- pretty cool (and it was nautical print!). I was hesitant to get one because I have already splurged on a couple of pieces for the season but my loving husband took a hold of one and assured me that there is nothing to worry about.



Long live Longchamp! 


Nice and neat
Longchamp!
I had been wanting to have one since last year but it's price, which is something I consider too much, have been denying the wanton that's been creeping inside even when hubby had been pushing for me to get one. Much until this day came (when I was browsing the net for whatever finds there maybe), I came across this page that offers a limited number of Longchamps on sale! I immediately informed hubby about it and in no time, I got my first ever Longchamp bag!


For the love of anything floral.


Floral love!!!!
I am currently wild about anything with floral print -- bags, pouches, shirts and blouses. I am a little picky though on which print to like. I had been yearning to own a floral-print bag but there is not much in the sea of shops I've been in (Greenhills, a haven though I try and avoid buying one from there :p). One day, while hubby was shopping for some dailies in a Bench store (yes! Bench it is once more!), I was enthused to see that they have floral-printed bags! I immediately grabbed one, leaving hubby behind without a clue and with no choice but pay for it.


That crazy looking girl.


Gotta love that girl :D
Crazy girl :p
I've been seeing a lot of Longchamp and Marc Jacobs bags (obvious imitations) in GH. I have been long interested in owning a Marc Jacobs bag simply because I fancy that cute, crazy and cryptic looking girl printed in some of their bags. It's something unusual but it's all over the place! A fine morning, while online, I was able to spot a bag that really caught my attention. It looks clean and simple and with that cute girl in the print! With hubby's go signal, I immediately flashed my card and went ahead in buying. I realized later on, this bag will be very useful when we're visiting beaches and going on swimming trips -- it's plastic and will definitely keep our out stuff away from the water!


Four bags in less than a month is (a bit) too much for me! But, what the heck, I deserve to splurge once in a while, right? :)

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply