Thursday 5 January 2012

9 Mornings: Chapel on the Hill

Posted by clapalisoc | Thursday 5 January 2012 | Category: , , |

Tagaytay has always been a special place for me and my hubby. It's near the Metro but once you get there, there is something relaxing about that cool breeze, simple food offerings and that over all get away feel. There was this one time, New Year of 2009, when hubby brought me there and cruised a little longer than expected to a place that I have never been before. He took me to this Chapel -- The Chapel on the Hill.


Chapel on the Hill
Stairs going up
Round and simple
This Chapel is very special. Propped nicely on top of a hill (Don Bosco or something?), the chapel is humble in space with a round shape and a labyrinth on the floor. Simple. And the view outside... Breathtaking! Here, we poured our hearts to God, giving thanks for all the blessings and asking for strength to face a chapter of our lives that we were about to begin together. Ever since, this sanct has been our favorite out-of-town house of prayer.



Marvelous
Captivating Tagaytay view
Lamp post
Just this December, on a brisk Monday morning, hubby woke me up and asked me to hurry and get dressed. Looking at the clock, it was just ticking 6am. I asked where we were headed but he did not say a word. We hurried, carrying the sleeping little girl with us into our AUV and went ahead. I can't stop thinking where we were going and prevailed in controlling myself from asking so as not to spoil the moment. Once we made the turn and entered SLEX, I already knew where hubby will take us -- Tagaytay. I was looking for insinuations of him taking us to that beloved Chapel [on the Hill] and when we were already in the area, I had the courage to ask. I was right all along.


Ready to climb
Uphill
Jump for joy!
Since our stomachs were complaining, hubby decided a pit stop was in order right by Mushroom Burger. It was a 'Cherienne's first' there. We ordered our favorites and after much fulfillment, onward we pressed.


Love of my life
Overflowing joy
It was indeed a good morning. More so, it was a marvelous one. It seems that the Labyrinth was a symbolic journey that is practiced in pilgrimage to gain peace with the self (as hubby has discovered and shared). My heart was filled with love and joy. Thankfulness to our good Lord was overflowing. God is so great, life is so good! I couldn't ask for more.

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply