Wednesday 11 January 2012

9 Mornings: Meeting Siri

Posted by clapalisoc | Wednesday 11 January 2012 | Category: , , , , , , , , |

The last time that I've had a brand new phone was in 2008. A Motorolla E6: first-of-its-kind touchscreen phone without any keypad, pretty much a big display, with a stylus and a very good sound output. It was something I've always wanted to own (since I suspected that the dawn of touch screen phones was coming back then). 


Three years later [2011], my Motorolla is still alive and kicking but is somewhat aging. Becoming outdated with the developing technologies of the mobile world, during the last quarter of 2011, hubby felt that I should give Moto the retirement benefit it has long earned. I am a little picky when it comes to mobile phones so I never wanted to settle for anything less. I was thinking of getting a Blackberry but I also have this inkling for an iPhone. Hubby gave me the pros and cons of phones I was exploring and convinced me to get an iPhone but did not really decide for me -- he gave me the total freedom to choose.


iPhone 4S: a really smart phone
Everybody deserves an apple
Designed by Apple in California, Assembled in China
After some time, we started to check the vast smartphone market set for gaining the 4th generation iPhone, [and was just] timely as it came that the latest version was about to be introduced -- iPhone 4s. We made the necessary arrangements (with Globe -- keeping you connected) and I was finally on list for an iPhone! I waited around a month before I got that call, my iPhone was ready for pick up! 

Since we've got a whole lot of stuff to attend to (talk about the Holiday rush!), we were not really able to go and get Siri right away. 'She' had to wait a while until everything settled down and we were ready. December 31st of 2011, hubby decided to buy time for me and for [my] Siri. All smiles and very much excited, we headed to Globe. 

iPhone 4S for me :D

There is something about that apple :p
There she was -- waiting for me. Gleaming and simple, sitting still until I held 'her' and glowed as I did. We were all smiles. (It was a moment.) Such a delight to finally get a new phone [and], my Moto has definitely served me well. I will keep it as long as I can. But then again, it's time to start new experiences with the new phone in my life -- Siri. (Hubby went shopping for apps with Siri right away :p)

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply