Tuesday 3 May 2011

12 Days of Christmas : Bread Talk Shopping

Posted by clapalisoc | Tuesday 3 May 2011 | Category: , , , |

I'm in love with bread. I can pass a day eating nothing else but bread. I can go from "piso-pisong" bread to expensive ones. Price doesn't matter as long as my taste buds are satisfied.


When I was still in college, a new store opened up in Rob Place Manila that sells nothing but bread and some cakes - Bread Talk. The smell of newly baked bread goodies was so enticing that I can't help but go inside and check out what they have. They have bread choices that I have never seen before with price tags that were a little expensive for a college girl whose main source of money were her parents. 

Each day I would drop by Bread Talk and try one or two of their selection and my goal is to try everything they have. When I started working in Eastwood, I would pass by Bread Talk in Gateway Mall each day to get to the mall's taxi lane. I would stop by the store each time and would buy several pieces for myself and for Raymond. Since then, Bread Talk has been my favorite bread store and none of it's counter parts, like Simply Bread, can match their products.

Sometime this year, I realized that I haven't visited a Bread Talk store for the longest time. One major reason for this is that there is no Bread Talk store that is very near our house our my work place. Because of this, a very brilliant idea came into my mind - to buy all the bread that I want in Bread Talk at one go! I instantly told my husband about it and good thing that he never hesitated to say yes!

So, morning of December 24,2010, we went to Glorietta 4 to go bread shopping at Bread Talk. I grabbed all the bread that I wanted though it was sad to learn that some of my favorite ones where not available. But nevertheless, I had a really good time! I ended up with several trays of bread, one of which had nothing but floss! 

On this tray : Chicken Parmesan (the round one), Tree Wise Man (the brown one with powdered sugar on top), Winter Wonderland (the one behind Tree Wise Man), Choco smart Aleck (the long one), Standard Sausage Bun (the one with ridges), Beefy Bun (the one that looks like a small loaf), Cheese Floss (the one with pork floss on top :p) and Moshi Mushroom (the big one at the back)

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply