Tuesday 3 May 2011

12 Days of Christmas : First Time to Try

Posted by clapalisoc | Tuesday 3 May 2011 | Category: , , , , , , |

I know it's past Christmas but I haven't finished my blog series yet. I was so caught up with the holiday rush, parties and events last week that's why I did not really have the time to sit down and write. So, here you go! Last three blogs to go for my "12 Days of Christmas" series.

Ice Cream can cheer me up at anytime that I feel really down. I can finish a pint on my own in less than an hour. While joining the Christmas shopping rush last week, we passed by aDippin' Dots stand in Metro Market! Market!. It was one of the not so crowded stands in the mall during that time since people were huddling over restaurants, fast food chains and retail stores. I haven't really tried this "Ice Cream of the Future", as their tag line states, so I asked my hubby if we can just stop by and finally give it a try. I got myself a regular cup of Strawberry Ice Cream. The taste was "okay" but I think I should try some other flavors next time to appreciate it more. The texture was thumbs up! It was really smooth and creamy. It's worth the try and will go back some other time to check out their other options.



Whenever we go to a grocery store, I would always check out the ice cream corner to see if there is anything that I would like to have at the moment. There was this one day this December when we were at Shopwise Santana Grove in Sucat when I saw an unfamiliar ice cream tub in their freezer - Ben and Jerry's. Never heard about it. I showed it to Raymond and incidentally, he knew the product. On another occasion, we dropped by Rustan's Magallenes to grab a tub of ice cream and I was surprised to see Ben and Jerry's being sold there too! I was told by an officemate that he has been hunting for the same ice cream brand but couldn't find any in Rustan's Grocery Stores. Well, I guess since Shopwise is also owned by Rustan's it's but logical to find Ben and Jerry's there as well. 




Here is a pint of Karmel Sutra. The taste is superb, texture is very good, it's creaminess is incomparable and the price is a little too much compared to a pint of a local ice cream brand. The milk that the manufacturers actually use is organic. Go and give it a try too! 













Yogurt is one cold selection that became very popular in 2010. Before, the only ice cream made of yogurt that I know is BTIC - Better Than Ice Cream. They have been in the market for ages. They use yogurt as a base instead of the usual skimmed milk. Even before yogurt stores came sprouting like mushrooms, we have this one favorite yogurt stand that we always go to - FroYo inside Hobbes and Landes in Bonifacio High Street. The place is inviting since we (Raymond, me and Cherienne) can just order a big cup of plain frozen yogurt with 3 different toppings and sit there as long as we want as we watch Cherienne enjoy the toys that they allow kids to play with for free. Then BTIC opened up their own yogurt store that also serves frozen yogurt at it's finest with two varieties - original and vanilla flavored. They also offer an assortment of toppings that you could choose from. The store is called "Yo Swirls by BTIC" and they have a good one in McKinley Hills. Here is my favorite combo - Original Frozen Yogurt with Mint Brownies as topping

Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply