Tuesday 3 May 2011

12 Days of Christmas : Haagen Dazs Chocolate Fondue

Posted by clapalisoc | Tuesday 3 May 2011 | Category: , , , , , |

I am a self proclaimed chocolate lover. I really get excited over chocolate fondues, big bars of milk chocolates, chocolate cakes and all other chocolate goodies! 

Sometime last year, while I was a non-working pregnant bum, I came across this blog from a teenage Malaysian girl about her experience of Haagen Dazs Chocolate Fondue. Her blog actually enticed me to try it myself. I looked for other references that would point me to a local Haagen Dazs store that offers the Chocolate Fondue but was not able to find one. I actually gave up on the possibility of experiencing it but every time I saw a Chocolate Fondue, I can't help but think of what Haagen Dazs has. 


Early last month, we went to Mall of Asia to meet up with some of my college buddies. While strolling through the alleys of the big mall, we actually passed by a Haagen Dazs store. It was as if my heart jumped out of my chest in excitement! I went inside the store and checked their menu and was so happy to see that they do offer the Chocolate Fondue! Since we were so full from the big lunch that we just had, I made my hubby promise to take me back to MOA before Christmas to try their fondue.

Last Saturday, December 11,2010, we went to Rob Place Manila to get some stuff. As we entered the mall through the stairs from the basement parking to the Pedro Gil part of Midtown, I saw Haagen Dazs in the picture. I was so glad and looked at my husband right away. He had this "I know what you're thinking" kind of look and said that we can have desert there. So, after eating our Bacon Mushroom Melt burgers and Chili Con Carne rice meals from Wendy's, we went straight to Haagen Dazs and ordered their Chocolate Fondue. 

The set has 16 scoops of Haagen Dazs Ice Cream, fresh apples, bananas and strawberries, bite size cake pieces, choco chip cookies, wafer sticks, chopped almond nuts and the rich Belgian chocolate dip. Hubby took several pictures before we started indulging. I must say, it's a knock out desert that everyone must try! 


Currently have 0 comments:


Leave a Reply